Saturday, September 6, 2008

Politics: RNC - what about policies?

I didn't watch the entire coverage for either party’s conventions but I did watch the key speakers at the Republican National Convention this week - Sarah Palin, Cindy McCain, and John McCain. Sarah was just nasty (such pretty girls shouldn't frown and sneer so much), Cindy was a drip (and flaunting the corrupt way she chose to adopt her daughter was just disgusting for me personally and seemed to make Bridget really uncomfortable too), and John was a bore (although I was quite touched when he explained how he came to love this country so). The utter lack of mention of how they will actually bring the change they keep claiming was most impressive. I heard blanket statements but no substance. After hearing Obama's acceptance speech, I was really expecting more. This was their chance to rise to the occasion. I was shocked that they didn't even try. Obama really said it pretty well on 9/3/08 in his address at a town hall in New Philadelphia, Ohio:

No comments: