Monday, April 13, 2009

Some observations

Connor is so my child. He has the same needs to clean, order and tidy things. Mike often leaves drawers slightly ajar. Of course, I need to shut them. So does Connor. He'll come into the kitchen in the morning after Mike's left for work and go through and shut all the drawers. He also voluntarily empties all the little trashcans in the house into the main one in the kitchen. He does this almost every morning. If I have a can to recycle, he will actually get upset if I put it in the recycle bin myself because he wants to do that. He loves to sweep and pulled out the mop the other morning. The only time I've seen him sit to concentrate for very long is when he's stringing things. Very orderely. I can count on him to put things away in their correct place most of the time. Connor is right-handed.

Cameron is more of a normal child. He enjoys making a mess and isn't really pleased when asked to clean it up but will and knows it is expected of him. He wants to do everything. He can concentrate on a variety of tasks. He loves to be around people, interacting and being the focus especially with people he's comfortable around. He warms quickly to strangers though. He's tried the garbage emptying and recycling routines but didn't find them very entertaining and is more than happy to let Connor have those fun jobs. Cameron is left-handed but still uses his right at times.

Here are some pictures to illustrate their differences. They were given stickers and crayons to decorate the picture.

This picture is Connor's. He put exactly one sticker in the middle of each square, made a few lines of color and was done. Perfection to my orderly boy!

This once is Cameron's. "Let's put on as many stickers as I can and color some too. Okay. Done now!"


My cuties

Yes, they have mohawks. I was feeling funky.

No comments: